PIA Summary for the Human Resources
Management System (T.A.N.D.E.M.)
The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves held by a government institution and to provide individuals with a right of access to that information.
Principles for Assisting Requesters
In processing your privacy request or correction request under the Privacy Act, we will:
- Process your request without regard to your identity.
- Offer reasonable assistance throughout the request process.
- Provide information on the Privacy Act, including information on the processing of your request and your right to complain to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Inform you as appropriate and without undue delay when your request needs to be clarified.
- Make every reasonable effort to locate and retrieve the requested personal information under the control of the government institution.
- Apply limited and specific exemptions to the requested personal information.
- Provide accurate and complete responses.
- Provide timely access to the requested personal information.
- Provide personal information in the format and official language requested, as appropriate.
- Provide an appropriate location within the government institution to examine the requested personal information.
Personal Information Request Form
Filing a request
Requests under the Privacy Act must be sent in writing to:
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
360 St. Jacques Street, Suite 500