December 7, 2012
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent, a member of the Management Committee, supports senior management in the development of corporate strategy, based on the Corporation’s orientations and goals, and then finalizes and manages the resulting strategic initiatives and attendant framework tied to the Corporation’s business plan. Plays a major role in the identification and definition of opportunities, the prioritization and leadership of corporate projects or emerging initiatives aligned with the organization’s objectives, while at the same time serving as liaison officer between senior management and the organization’s overall portfolio of corporate projects.
- Drives strategic thinking by monitoring and analyzing the prevailing business environment; monitors industry trends, threats and business opportunities in order to anticipate their impact on the development and follow-up of strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the framework and process surrounding the formulation of corporate objectives, measurement targets and indexes, related strategies and their implementation within the Corporation’s various departments in order to ensure that departmental operational strategies are aligned with corporate objectives and strategies.
- In concert with relevant departments, defines the Corporation’s risk management framework and contributes to the development of risk-management best practices.
- Identifies, via the business plan, the Telefilm human resources that are best placed to establish and maintain relations with the Corporation’s various stakeholders—working groups, government, international counterparts (organizations/departments)—to ensure the communication of the organization’s information, policies, goals and orientations.
- Develops and manages corporate project charters, decides when projects are launched and follows up with relevant project managers.
- Supervises the progress of all Telefilm corporate projects in order to ensure that they are delivered according to expected deadlines, budgets and level of quality. Ensures that projects are defined, followed up and communicated to the Management Committee in a timely manner.
- Defines and develops project-management best practices, governance standards, processes and parameters to facilitate change management.
- Undertakes detailed analysis of change scenarios, makes recommendations in the aim of mitigating risks associated with change and its operational impacts.
- Leads the entire team and is accountable for managing his/her department’s budget.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates integrity in all actions and decisions
- Communicates effectively and openly
- Ensures that messages conveyed are consistent and within context
- Creates and participates in bi-directional communication exchanges
- Looks for continuous improvement and takes calculated risks
- Positively challenges the status quo
- Champion of change in one’s job
- Anticipates and initiates change
- Engages others
- Leads change and celebrates successes
- Recognizes the contributions of team members
- Seeks out resources and learning opportunities in everyday work and enables others to learn by creating opportunities
- Actively gathers, organizes and transfers knowledge and experience to others and facilitates its application
- Gives and seeks specific, timely and constructive feedback and supports development
Courageous team player
- Addresses difficult issues
- Puts oneself on the line
- Stands firm
- Builds solid relationships
- Is responsive and anticipates needs
- Provides quality and efficiency driven solutions and services
- Aligns actions and decisions with external and internal clients’ priorities
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, of which five years were spent working in a management position and five years in the development of corporate strategies and initiatives. Experience working for a major consulting firm involved in strategy and project management would be deemed a real asset.
- Ability to develop and structure complex strategic-planning documents.
- Ability to play a leading role in the design/development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Ability to understand trends and issues affecting the audiovisual and digital-media industry that could have an impact on Telefilm’s strategy.
- Well-developed ability to analyze and synthesize information so as to compile information and data from various sources to produce solid summaries that could ultimately result in concrete measures.
- Ability to initiate and support change in a structured manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with and exert direct influence over internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Judgment, diplomacy/tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both official languages at the CBC level.
Please submit a cover letter, quoting the appropriate posting number, with a curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department in Montreal, by fax (514-283-2043) or by e-mail at CV@telefilm.ca.
- Telefilm Canada adheres to principles of employment equity.
- Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements.
- We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.