Calls for entry
(Financing Forum: Cross-media projects)
The Power to the Pixel’s Pixel Market is currently accepting entries for its 2011 edition.
Please note: the selection process is conducted by the Power to the Pixel’s Pixel Market committee and that applications must be submitted directly to Power to the Pixel.
Deadline for submissions :
July 29, 2011
- Submissions must be made by the Producer of the project and be submitted through a production company. Projects without a producer attached will not be eligible;
- Producer(s) must own the rights to develop and produce the project in all required media;
- Applications from producers that are students on the dates of The Pixel Market will not be eligible;
- Projects being developed through The Pixel Lab 2011 will not be eligible;
- Applications and supplementary materials must be delivered in English;
- Projects must span a combination of film, TV, online, mobile, interactive, publishing, live events and/or gaming;
- Power to the Pixel will give preference to teams with a strong track record within their industry sector;
- Projects must be at an advanced stage of development;
- Application forms and all supplementary materials must be delivered online eg. stills, storyboards, video (10 mins max) by uploading files and providing urls to where materials have been uploaded.
For more information concerning eligibility and procedures please refer to the regulations and entry form.
The Pixel Market 2011 is a two-day marketplace dedicated to financing cross-media projects from around the world. It incorporates The Pixel Pitch and The Pixel Meetings and takes place in London, as part of Power to the Pixel’s Cross-Media Forum held in association with the BFI London Film Festival (October 11 – 14, 2011).
Up to 25 international producer-led teams will be selected to attend The Pixel Market with a cross-media project at an advanced stage of development. Up to 8 of these teams will be chosen to present In Competition at The Pixel Pitch. These 8 project teams will compete for the £6,000 ARTE Pixel Pitch Prize.
All teams will participate at The Pixel Meetings for one-to-one business meetings with international decision-makers, financiers and commissioners from the film, games, mobile, interactive, arts, publishing, broadcast and technology industries. One member of each team will also gain free accreditation to the Conference Summit on the first day of Power to the Pixel’s Cross-Media Forum on 11 October 2011.
Teams selected for The Pixel Market will benefit from significant international publicity and can expect to be introduced to new international business and partnership opportunities.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal