Calls for entry
The International Festival of Audiovisual Programs (FIPA) is currently accepting entries for its 2013 edition.
Please note that all productions must be submitted directly to the festival.
Submission Format: DVD (3)
Entry fees: Yes
Deadline for submissions :
November 23, 2012
Television programs must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been produced within the 12 months preceding the festival;
- Must not have been shown in other competitive international events or audiovisual festivals;
- Must not have been produced for theatrical releases;
- Submitted programs do not necessarily need French subtitles for the selection stage.
- If invited and selected, applicant/producer will have to provide the program/film with French subtitles;
- Selected works screen either on 35 mm or on HDCAM (except for Web creations).
For more information on eligibility and procedures, please consult the Festival Regulations and Entry Form.
The International Festival of Audiovisual Programs (FIPA) is considered the most significant TV festival in France and a prestigious European event. FIPA presents close to 200 new television programmes each year, chosen from among quality international productions. FIPA was created to recognize and promote exceptional works in the audiovisual media and to contribute to the development of the audiovisual arts throughout the world in a spirit of cooperation and exchange.
The competition is divided into five sections:
- Creative Documentaries;
- Performing Arts.
Juries award a Grand prix FIPA d’Or Biarritz 2013 to the best program in each of the five sections as well as some additional awards for acting, screenplay and original music.
The festival also features the unique FIPATEL, a market equipped with a digital platform for program viewing, featuring all the works selected in the festival, plus others that have gone through a selection process before being selected.
As an extension of their presentation at the selective market, Fipatel, all programs will be available via streaming on a secured platform (FIPATEL ON-LINE) for 30 days after the festival. This service is exclusively aimed at the international television channels heads of acquisitions and they will be provided by the FIPA with a pin code.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal